The Perfect Christmas Turkey
I don’t cook much at all! The only thing I enjoy making is a Turkey ( with help from Amelia of course!! ). It’s safe to say that if I find cooking a turkey to be one of the easiest & most enjoyable cooking experiences then anyone can make a turkey !
It really doesn’t get simpler than this !
Shopping List :
(We get everything from Waitrose!)
- Buy a turkey
- Don’t forget your foil turkey tray!! For the oven
- Get some garlic butter – this year we couldn’t find any so we crushed fresh garlic into melted butter!
- Get plenty of oranges & clementines
- Fresh herbs! We get Rosemary & Thyme
- Personally couldn’t imagine having a slice of turkey without cranberry sauce!
Thats literally all you need !
Now how to cook it !!
On your Turkey’s label it will specify the cooking time in the oven & temperature! Our last one was 4 hours & 30 mins in the oven with fan heat of 195! It will depend on the size of the bird you have chosen.
- Put the oven on !
- The “gross” bit ! Take out the neck etc that they’ve put inside the turkey!
- Cut up clementines & oranges & some of the herbs – stuff the turkey with these! *
- I take 1 packet of garlic butter & smudge it over the turkey on the outside, making sure theres some between the limbs and the body
- Add herbs on top of the turkey !
- Cut up more oranges and place them around your turkey !
For now you are done !
Once every 30 minutes or so I pull the turkey out of the oven & paint it with melted garlic butter! It’s also good to keep some tin foil over your bird in the oven to keep it from burning at the top!
* my best friends mom taught me this trick! If you put stuffing inside your turkey it will dry out the meat!
So often I hear people saying they don’t dare try to cook a turkey ! It really is one of the simplest things to make ! Give it a go!
Eva & Amelia ♥